Discover latest Indian Blogs

Sunday 27 June 2021

Canvas and Brushes 3

I wasn't able to spend much time on the canvases last year due to the ongoing pandemic situation which resulted in online classes and work from home scenario. I had to help my daughter cope with the new way of studying which consumed quite a lot of my time. However, I did manage to make some interesting strokes on smaller canvases. 

1. The Perching Bird

This one is has broad strokes with flat brush and very little detailing. Most of the greenery is done with those strokes. The branch, beak, eyes and the forehead needed a little attention to detail. So, it was relatively fast to finish and satisfactory too! 

Made on 10" X 12" Canvas

Medium : Acrylic  

 2. Glass Bottle with Flowers

This was something new that I tried. I had never done a glass object on a plain background. Hence started with this simple piece. This is a small canvas. To make things easier, I chose a plain black background to give a flat effect. The glass bottle is just some white and blue lines.

Made on 8" X 6" canvas

Medium : Acrylic

3. Water Droplets on Lotus Leaves

Painting water droplets is really fun. It's mostly about playing with where is the light is coming from.

This was also something new that I Learnt and was pleased with the result.

Canvas. Size : 8" X 8"

Medium : Acrylic 

4. Scenery 

This was painted by my daughter as a basic scenery painting experience. It has a combination of blending colours, broad strokes with flat brush (houses, roofs and windows), and thin tapering lines for branches. There is also the concept of faded colour for the objects which are far. A very lovely mix of shades.

Canvas Size : 8" X 8"

Medium : Acrylic


Hope to get back to learning splashing more colours!

Get ready canvases from Amazon/Flipkart.

Choice of brushes for beginners.

Acrylic paint for beginners.









No comments:

Post a Comment